She had the biggest selling comedy album of 2012, is a contributor on “This American Life,” counts Louis C.K. and Sarah Silverman among her most vocal fans, is writing a memoir that sparked a bidding war, features in two upcoming film releases, just had her special “Knock Knock, It’s Tig Notaro” green-lit by Showtime, and a documentary is being made about her — so if you haven’t heard of Tig Notaro yet, perhaps it’s time you did. And you can see her live, right here in Traverse City.
But before one of the best comics working today arrives to town, get to know her a little better with some secrets and favorites she would prefer we not share with anyone.
- Her great great grandfather was the mayor of New Orleans
- Lucky number is 88
- Wears argyle socks pretty much everyday
- Loves drawing Civil War portraits
- Favorite Color: Green
- Influential/Favorite Comedians: Laura Kightlinger, Brian Regan, Paula Poundstone, Mitch Hedberg, Jon Dore, Sarah Silverman, Maria Bamford
- Favorite Movies: “Grease,” “Star Wars,” “Urban Cowboy,” “Harold and Maude,” “Easy Rider,” “Breaking Away,” and “Mask”
- Past Jobs Include: Pizza Delivery, Child Care, Music Promotion, Barista, Natural Food Store, Assistant for “Xena:Warrior Princess”